Venue Directions & Parking
American University, Bender Arena
4400 Massachusetts Ave NW, Washington, DC 20016
- From the Key Bridge (Arlington, Falls Church, Fairfax) follow 66 East or Route 50 East to the Key Bridge. Once across the bridge, turn left onto M Street, which quickly becomes Canal Road NW. Get into the right lane and continue up the hill onto Foxhall Road. When Foxhall ends (2.5 miles), turn right onto Nebraska Avenue. At the first traffic light, turn left and then an immediate right through the Fletcher Gate entrance of American University. Follow the main campus road around the first parking garage and residence halls. Once forced to turn left, spot the Bender Arena parking garage directly ahead and proceed to level 5.
- From I-495 (Capital Beltway), take exit 39 and carefully follow signs for River Road (Maryland Route 190) toward Washington. Continue east on River Road to the fifth traffic light. Turn right onto Goldsboro Road (Maryland Route 614). At the first traffic light, turn left onto Massachusetts Avenue (Maryland Route 396). Continue on Massachusetts Avenue for approximately two miles, through the first traffic circle (Westmoreland Circle). Continue one mile further on Massachusetts and turn right at the fourth traffic light through the Glover Gate entrance of American University.
- Free parking for SCBC guest in the Bender Arena garage.
- Redline: Tenleytown/American University (AU) Station
- AU Shuttles: AU operates a shuttle bus to and from the Tenleytown metro station every 15 minutes. From the train’s platform, take the escalators up and turn left toward a third set of escalators. At the top, continue straight ahead to the curb and wait for the AU shuttle bus. Get off the bus at the Ward Circle stop on the main campus and ask the driver to alert you if you are uncertain. Then refer to the campus map for directions to the Butler Pavilion or another destination.