- SOUL works with youth between the ages of 14-21 years old
- Approximately 80% of our youth reside in Ward 7
- CASH (College Access Study Hall) program serves approximately 80 youth
- Summer Science Institute supports 10 Ward 7 youth (Clay Terrace Public Housing Community)
- Sister Circle program serve 15 youth
- 99% of youth served are Black/African-American
- Approximately 75% of our youth identify as male
HD Woodson S.T.E.M. High School is located in DC’s Ward 7. Approximately 100% of the school’s total student body has been identified as economically disadvantaged. In addition, 99% of the school population is Black/African American. Academically according to data from US Today, 78% of the student at Woodson read below proficiency and 84% test below proficiency in math.
Luke C. Moore Academy is located in Ward 5, yet a large population of the student reside in Ward 7 and 8. Approximately 100% of the school’s total student body has been identified as economically disadvantaged. In addition, 99% of the school population is Black/African American. The mission of the Luke C. Moore Academy is to provide a competent and compassionate secondary educational setting for young people ages 16-20 who have dropped out of high school or had difficulties in traditional school settings. Luke C. Moore Academy provides each student with an individualized program that addresses both the academic and social emotional needs of the student. Luke C. Moore challenges students to become educated, productive and responsible contributors to society.